MOL Group Downstream
MOL Group’s Downstream division consists of different business activities that are part of an integrated value chain. This value chain turns crude oil into a range of refined products, which are moved and marketed for household, industrial and transport use. The products include, among others, gasoline, diesel, heating oil, aviation fuel, lubricants, bitumen, sulphur and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). In addition, the company produces and sells petrochemicals worldwide and holds a leading position in the petrochemical sector in the Central Eastern Europe region.
2 petrochemical units
- In 2018 Downstream generated USD 995 mn Clean CCS EBITDA, despite significantly weaker petrochemical and refinery margins. Deteriorating macro environment was offset by better internal efficiency, primarily due to strong volumes and improved sales performance.
- In September 2018 USD 1.4bn Polyol Project Final Investment Decision and contracts with ThyssenKrupp Industrial Solutions were reached and signed.
- A strategic cooperation with German recycling company APK was reached in August 2018: an important step on our journey to becoming a regional leader in the recycling of plastics.
- In 2018 DS2022 transformational program added USD 110 mn efficiency improvement, fully delivering 2018 plan.
- A Group-wide Customer satisfaction survey with an extensive scope involving all the countries and products was conducted resulting in an attractive 89% satisfaction rate.
OUTLOOK FOR 2019-2023
- Working towards profitable and technically feasible solutions to converge towards the 2030 vision of 50-50% fuel / non-fuel ratio and deepen its value chain in chemicals.
- The DS2022 Program aims to add a total of USD 500mn+ to Downstream EBITDA by 2023.
- Focus on further efficiency improvement and implementation of transformational projects.
- INA Downstream announced the 2023 New Course program, which targets transforming the Sisak refinery into an industrial site and investing more than 500 mil EUR into the construction Delayed Coker (DC) in the Rijeka refinery.
- Beside direct financial impact actions targeting improving HSE performance and further enhancement of Customer Satisfaction are also in the focus.